Yesterday morning was unbelievably productive. I woke up at 9, went for a run, and made muffins all before my roommate woke up. Ha.
These are so summery! And not too sweet, which is a problem I have with a lot of muffins…
Makes 12 muffins. The original recipe can be found here.
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup flax meal
1/4 cup rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup milk (I used soy)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup diced strawberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, flax, oats, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together butter and sugar.
4. Beat the egg, milk, and vanilla into the butter/sugar mixture.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until a batter forms.
6. Stir in the fruit.
7. Evenly distribute in muffin pan and bake for 17-25 minutes. (Mine took closer to 25.)
I love these silicone liners! You just put them onto a cookie sheet when you bake. Super easy.