This weekend was Spring Carnival at my school, aka the only time CMU resembles any sort of normal university. People are crazy and silly and go go go go for three days straight. It just makes me wonder… how would I have possibly survived if I went to a real school? By the end of Carnival I was just sleepy. What if it were like this every weekend? I would die. Or have no friends. Or both.
My favorite part of Carnival is Holi, which is basically an excuse to eat delicious Indian food and get really dirty. It’s especially fun when it’s raining out, because you get super muddy too. I really want to know what the color powder is made of – it actually dyed my blonde hair pink! I don’t know how long it will last, but it looks pretty cool considering it was accidental.
I had a zucchini left over from when I failed making zucchini bread a little while ago (don’t ask, it was a huge disaster) so for lunch a couple days ago I decided to make pizza. Since I’ve been cooking more and more, I’ve been getting more comfortable with randomly throwing things in a bowl rather than actually measuring them. It’s great for my cooking skills but bad for my recipe posts. I’m gonna put estimates but check out the original recipe if you really want to know the actual measurements.
Zucchini Boat Pizza
Serves one. Original recipe here.
1 medium zucchini
1 Tbsp bread crumbs
1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
dash dried oregano
3 leaves fresh basil, chopped
2 Tbsp marinara sauce
toppings (mushrooms, olives, bell peppers, etc)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Wash the zucchini and slice lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop out the innards, chop them further, and put into a small mixing bowl. Put the zucchini shells on a foiled baking sheet.
3. Add bread crumbs, parmesan, oregano, basil, and marinara to the mixing bowl with the zucchini and stir well. Refill the zucchini shells with the mixture.
4. Top with shredded cheese and any toppings (I didn’t use any).
5. Bake for 20 min (mine took 15 in the toaster oven).
Embarrassing: I got way too excited to eat this/make people jealous that I only took an Instagram photo with my phone and completely forgot to use my foodtography camera. So that’s what you get.