I’m still playing catchup on all of my finals week cooking! I have this post and then one more to go, so hopefully I’ll be all up to date pretty soon.
This was the very last weekend breakfast – sad. I think we made it on a Friday, but whatever. When you don’t have classes, everyday is the weekend. In case you want a full wrap up, here’s a list of all the weekend breakfasts successful enough to make it on the blog:
and last but not least…
Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup
Makes 8-10 pancakes. Adapted from here.
for the pancakes
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 C milk
3 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
3.5 oz ricotta (we used 1/4 of a 15oz tub)
for the syrup
3/4 C frozen blueberries
2 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1-2 Tbsp corn starch
1. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together dry pancake ingredients. In a smaller bowl, mix together the wet.
2. Pour wet into dry and mix until well combined. Add more flour if needed.
3. Fry about 1/4 C worth of batter on each side until golden brown.
4. For the syrup, bring blueberries and a couple tablespoons of water to a simmer over medium heat. Add sugar and maple syrup to taste, and corn starch to thicken.
5. Serve pancakes still hot with a heaping spoonful of blueberries on top.
These were so good but sooo heeaaavy. We ate four each and felt like we were going to pop.
Did you try out any of the Weekend Breakfast recipes? What was your favorite? I liked the cappuccino pancakes and pear scones the best. Let me know in the comments!