My cookies from last week’s post made it to Foodgawker!! I am so excited – this is my first time getting a submission approved. Of course, this week’s photos are awful so I’m not even going to try, but it’s okay. In a week I got 138 favorites on Foodgawker, and a bunch of new Pins, which I think is quite an accomplishment.
Sunday night I went to a friend’s place to watch the Tony Awards. Neil Patrick Harris was hilarious… as usual.
Once I got the invite, I quickly whipped up some yummy baked goods to share. Unfortunately I didn’t get very good photos since I literally walked out the door as soon as these came out of the oven. But I promise, they were delicious. More than half the pan was gone by the time the awards were over, and there was only a handful of us eating!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
Original recipe here.
1 stick butter
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C peanut butter (I used chunky)
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp canola oil
3 Tbsp water
1/2 C chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×13 pan with foil.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add sugars and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
3. While the pb mixture cools, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs one at a time, then vanilla.
4. Pour in pb mixture, oil, and water, and stir until a thick batter forms. (It will be very very thick!) Fold in 1/4 C chocolate chips.
5. Pour into pan and top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake 25 minutes until set. Cool, cut, and serve.