Do you spell it “doughnut” or “donut”? Doesn’t matter. Either way, I made some.
I’ve recently become obsessed with Fab.com. A little while ago I bought a few new baking pans from a sale Norpro was having there – a square cupcake pan, a mini cheesecake pan, and, yes, a mini doughnut pan. I am in love.
Mini Mocha Doughnuts
Makes two dozen.
for the doughnuts
1 1/2 C flour
1/3 C cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp coffee grounds
2/3 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C + 2 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp oil
for the icing
1 C powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp hot coffee
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease your doughnut pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cocoa, and coffee. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix eggs, sugar, vanilla, milk, and oil.
4. Pour wet into dry and mix until a thick batter forms.
5. Fill the pan 2/3 full and bake 8 min.
6. Once doughnuts are cool, stir coffee into powdered sugar in a small bowl. Dip the tops of the doughnuts in the glaze. Top with chocolate sprinkles if desired.
These are teeny tiny, but very dense.