Because, really, you can never have enough cookies to hand out on Valentine’s Day. No one has ever been disappointed because of too many cookies!
Remember elementary school when everyone used to hand out cheesy paper Valentines with Spiderman on them? I haven’t done that in a long time, but I think these are much better anyway. I put these in little goodie bags with my heart cookies and some candy to hand out. They’re so cute!
These cookies are quick and easy to make, and they don’t have to be for Valentine’s at all! I used the Valentine’s M&Ms, but you could use regular ones, or even just chocolate chips. Next time I think I’ll add some walnuts, too.
Double Chocolate M&Ms Cookies
Makes 2-3 dozen.
1 C flour
1/2 C cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
1 stick butter
3/4 C sugar
1/3 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 C M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 325. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Melt chocolate and butter together on the stovetop or in the microwave.
4. In a large bowl, cream eggs and sugars. Add vanilla.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture until combined. Stir in melted chocolate and butter.
6. Fold in M&Ms.
7. Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes.