Since discovering I have a few friends who can’t eat gluten, I’ve really enjoyed trying different gluten free recipes, like my brownies and pizza. These cookies were supposed to be gluten free… then I found out not all oats are created equal. Whoops. But they were really delicious, so next time I’ll have to get some specifically GF oats so I can share with my GF friends!
Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen. Gluten free.
1/2 C GF oats
3/4 C GF oat flour (you can buy this or make by putting oats in a food processor)
1 Tbsp corn or potato starch
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 stick butter
1/3 C sugar
1/4 C packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp milk
1/2 C chocolate chips
1/2 C shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with a silicone mat.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, oat flower, starch, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a smaller bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla.
4. Slowly add wet to dry. Add milk if mixture seems too dry.
5. Fold in chocolate and coconut.
6. Drop spoonfuls on baking sheet at least an inch and a half apart. Bake 15 min. Cool before serving.