This is the time in the year where I’m moving out and frantically try to use up all my ingredients. I have tons of leftover flour and sugar, so I dig through my cabinet to find flavors. This was what I came up with the other day… chocolate, banana, and coconut!
Chocolate, Coconut, Banana Swirl Cakes
Makes 1 dozen.
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 C sugar
1/3 C oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 small very ripe bananas
1/4 C cocoa powder
1/2 C milk
1/3 C shredded coconut (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, powder, soda, and salt.
3. In a smaller bowl, mix sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla. Add wet to dry and combine. Mixture will be crumbly.
4. Mash bananas in another bowl, and pour in half the batter mixture. Mix well.
5. Add cocoa powder, milk, and coconut (if desired) to remaining batter.
6. Pour a spoonful of each batter into each cupcake liner. Swirl with a knife or toothpick. Sprinkle with extra coconut.
7. Bake 20 min until a knife comes out clean. Let cool before serving.