The past couple of months have been crazy. I moved across the country and started my first job. And craziest of all… I had to learn how to bake in a tiny Manhattan apartment kitchen.
It took me awhile to get settled, but I’m finally starting to feel like I have a home! And now that I’ve gone through the whole mess of moving, buying furniture, blahblahblah, I can finally get back to what I love… baking!
Makes 2-3 dozen.
3 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves
1 stick butter, room temperature
3 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 C brown sugar, packed
2/3 C molasses
1. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, soda, spices, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and coconut oil.
3. One at a time, beat in brown sugar, molasses, and egg.
4. Gradually beat in the flour until the dough is formed.
5. Split into two balls, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
6. Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet. Remove the dough from the fridge at let it come to room temperature.
7. Roll out and cut into shapes.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating halfway through.
9. Let cool and decorate!