Happy first post of 2014! WOW! Can you believe I’ve been blogging since 2011? I really can’t… It doesn’t feel like that long at all. Looking back though, since I started this blog I’ve been baking in SIX different kitchens! My parents’ house, two college apartments, two places I just lived in for a summer, and my new apartment here in New York. Wow, I need to stop moving!
These cookies are thick and chewy – just the way chocolate chip cookies should be. Yum! If you’re not a big fan of pecans or cranberries, feel free to throw in some of your favorites: walnuts, M&Ms, peanut butter chips, MORE chocolate chips… anything you want!
Chocolate Chip Cranberry Pecan Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen.
1 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 stick butter, room temperature
1/2 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 C semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 C dried cranberries
1/2 C chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a larger bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg, then vanilla.
4. Gradually add flour to the butter mixture until the dough is formed.
5. Mix in chocolate, cranberries, and pecans.
6. Drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 16-18 minutes, rotating halfway through.
7. Let cool on a wire rack and enjoy!