I’ve been so busy getting ready for my dance show that I’ve barely had time to bake! My show is next week, and I couldn’t be any more excited. My dance looks so great already, and I can’t wait to have it from an audience.
Anyway, I wanted to make banana bread but as usual I wanted to mix up the standard recipe. Usually I try to make banana bread with really overripe bananas, but the ones I had weren’t quite ripe enough. Instead of waiting around, I decided to add in the pineapple to add some extra sweetness to the bread. It turned out great!
Chocolate Chip Pineapple Banana Bread
2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 stick butter
3/4 C brown sugar
3 bananas, mashed
1 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 C chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs.
4. Gradually mix the flour into the butter mixture.
5. Fold in bananas, pineapple, and chocolate.
6. Pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean. Enjoy!