This might be my last post for a little while… In about a week and a half, I’m leaving for a Europe! I’ll be traveling all over for almost 3 months, stuffing my face all along the way. Probably no baking though, unfortunately, and also probably no blogging…
Anyway, I’ve been at home laying around watching TV since graduation. It’s been nice! Finally worked up the motivation to bake yesterday, not to mention there was a huge bowl of lemons staring me in the face, so I decided to bake this.
Lemon Bundt Cake
Makes one bundt cake or two loaves. Adapted from Center Stage Wellness.
for the cake
3 C flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 sticks butter, room temperature
2 C sugar
1/3 C lemon zest
1/4 C lemon juice
3/4 C milk
1 tsp vanilla
for the syrup
1/2 C lemon juice
1/2 C sugar
for the icing
3 Tbsp lemon juice
~2 C powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease baking pans.
2. In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar until combined. Add each egg one at a time, mixing in afterward. Mix in lemon zest.
4. In a small bowl, stir lemon juice, milk, and vanilla.
5. Alternate adding flour and liquid to the butter/sugar mixture, mixing continuously, until all ingredients are combined.
6. Bake 45-60 min.
7. While cake is cooling, make the sugar by dissolving sugar in lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat.
8. Remove cake from bundt pan and set on a wire rack over a tray. Poke holes all over the top with a toothpick, then pour syrup over the top. Let cool completely.
9. For the icing, sift powdered sugar over lemon juice and stir, continuing to add powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over cake.
I’ve actually made this cake a couple times before with rave reviews, but never had a chance to eat any. I made sure to eat the first slice of this one, and it was delicious!