The weather is really starting to heat up, which means I’ve been moving away from chocolate. Something about 80 degree weather and no air conditioning makes me want fruit… Am I the only one that gets this way in the summer? If only I still had my ice cream maker! I may have to buy a new one to get through this New York heat.
Lemon Coconut Bars
Makes one 9″x13″ pan. Can be gluten free.
for the crust
1 1/2 C flour (I used gluten free)
1/2 C powdered sugar
1 1/2 stick butter, cold
for the filling
1 1/3 C sugar
1/2 C lemon juice
1 tsp baking powder
1 C shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 9″x13″ pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour and powdered sugar, and cut in butter until a crumbly dough is formed.
3. Press dough into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 15 min.
4. While the crust is in the oven, beat eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and baking powder in a large bowl.
5. Pour lemon filling over baked crust. Sprinkle coconut on top.
6. Bake for another 20-25 minutes until filling is set. Let cool, slice, and enjoy.