I’ve been so busy getting ready for my dance show that I’ve barely had time to bake! My show is next week, and I couldn’t be any more excited. My dance looks so great already, and I can’t wait to have it from an audience.
Anyway, I wanted to make banana bread but as usual I wanted to mix up the standard recipe. Usually I try to make banana bread with really overripe bananas, but the ones I had weren’t quite ripe enough. Instead of waiting around, I decided to add in the pineapple to add some extra sweetness to the bread. It turned out great!
Chocolate Chip Pineapple Banana Bread
2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 stick butter
3/4 C brown sugar
3 bananas, mashed
1 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 C chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs.
4. Gradually mix the flour into the butter mixture.
5. Fold in bananas, pineapple, and chocolate.
6. Pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean. Enjoy!
This is the time in the year where I’m moving out and frantically try to use up all my ingredients. I have tons of leftover flour and sugar, so I dig through my cabinet to find flavors. This was what I came up with the other day… chocolate, banana, and coconut!
Chocolate, Coconut, Banana Swirl Cakes
Makes 1 dozen.
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 C sugar
1/3 C oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 small very ripe bananas
1/4 C cocoa powder
1/2 C milk
1/3 C shredded coconut (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, powder, soda, and salt.
3. In a smaller bowl, mix sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla. Add wet to dry and combine. Mixture will be crumbly.
4. Mash bananas in another bowl, and pour in half the batter mixture. Mix well.
5. Add cocoa powder, milk, and coconut (if desired) to remaining batter.
6. Pour a spoonful of each batter into each cupcake liner. Swirl with a knife or toothpick. Sprinkle with extra coconut.
7. Bake 20 min until a knife comes out clean. Let cool before serving.
The past couple weeks have been crazy with my dance show, final exams and projects, and finally packing up and coming home for the break! I’ve been in sunny California for a few days now, never changing out of my pajamas. Perfect.
One of the things I miss most about home when I’m away, besides In N Out, is my dogs. Living in a house with no dogs feel so lonely! I made these the other day as an extra special treat for my puppies.
Peanut Butter Banana Dog Biscuits
Makes about 3 dozen.
1 C peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
1 ripe banana, mashed
3/4 C milk
1 Tbsp dried parsley (for doggies with fresh breath!)
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 3/4 C flour
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, banana, egg, and milk.
3. Stir in parsley and baking powder. Gradually add flour, mixing until a thick dough forms.
4. Roll out dough to about 1/4″ thick. Cut as desired.
5. Bake for 20 min, flip over, then bake another 15 min.
6. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
I think they were a hit!