The school year is coming to an end… finally! I just passed the two week mark until graduation. WOOHOO! I don’t have much going on during finals week, so hopefully that means I’ll have time to bake a lot and use up all of my ingredients before I move out.
I made these cookies as a thank you to my dancers for a great semester and brought them to our last rehearsal. The show was great and I was so happy! And I know they were very happy with the cookies too ;)
Triple Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen.
1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C flour (GF or regular all-purpose)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp finely ground coffee
1/3 C white chocolate chips
1/3 C milk chocolate chips
1/3 C Sno-Caps or other chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars with an electric mixer. Add egg and vanilla and combine.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, soda, salt, and coffee.
4. Gradually sift dry into wet.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Place spoonfuls on cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart. Bake 10 minutes until browned. Cool before serving.
I made one batch with regular flour, and one batch with GF flour… both came out great! The GF cookies were actually a little fluffier than the regular ones, which came out more crunchy, but both were delicious.